42nd Annual Poster Contest
The annual Conservation District Poster Contest provides kindergarten through twelfth grade students an opportunity to convey their thoughts about soil, water and related natural resource issues through art. It also highlights the educational outreach efforts of conservation districts and their state conservation associations, auxiliaries and agencies.
1. The Conservation District will accept posters based on the National Association of Conservation District's theme,
“HEALTHY SOILS ARE FULL OF LIFE”
Additional information on the national contest is available http://www.nacdnet.org/general-resources/stewardship-and-education-materials/contests/
2. The 2017 title must be on the poster. This is the only title eligible for the national poster contest. Don’t use any other title or write anything else on the front of the poster!
3. Poster category by grade: K-1; 2-3; 4-6; 7-9; 10-12. The contest is open to public, private or home school students.
4. Posters must be between the sizes of 8.5" X 11" and 22" X 28".
5. No artists' name may appear on the front of the poster.
6. The back of the poster must be labeled with the required entry form.
7. Only one poster will be accepted per student.
8. Posters must be flat. Items “glued on” must be done so in a manner which allows the poster to remain “flat.” Resist the temptation to glue on items which stick out. No restrictions are made on the types of art materials which may be used: oil, crayon, colored pencils, pastels and watercolors, on appropriate paper or poster board, are all acceptable.
9. The posters are evaluated on the following criteria:
10. Judging criteria:
Does the poster contain the current contest Title?
Is the message clear to the observer in 15-30 seconds?
Quality in relation to grade level
Posters that do not adhere to the rules will be disqualified.
All posters submitted become the property of Carbon Conservation District.
Entries for the local competition must be delivered to:
Carbon Conservation District
Audrey Wargo, District Secretary
5664 Interchange Road
Lehighton, PA 18235
Entries can be accepted any time, but the FINAL DEADLINE is
4:00 p.m., Thursday, April 6, 2017
Winners will be notified and a special awards presentation will be held on Thursday,
May 25, 2017 at the Carbon County Courthouse. Good luck to all!